Cash4Life® is a multi-state game that costs $2 per play. EZ Match is available as an add-on and costs an additional $1 per play.
Cash4Life has a top prize of $1,000 a day for life, as well as a second-tier prize of $1,000 a week for life!
Drawings are held daily at approximately 8 p.m.
General Rules That Apply to All Draw Games
- It is the player's responsibility to check their ticket to make sure it represents the correct game, draw date, numbers requested and has a visible bar code or serial number.
- Winning tickets must be claimed within 180 days of the last winning draw date on the ticket.
- Purchased tickets are only valid for the dates shown on the ticket.
- The ticket, not the playslip, is the only valid proof of your number selection, and it is the only valid receipt to claim a prize.
- All tickets, transactions and winners are subject to the directives of the executive director of the Missouri Lottery, the rules and regulations of the Missouri Lottery and the Missouri Statutes, and tickets are only offered for sale in accordance with the same.
- Upon purchasing a ticket, the player agrees to abide by the Missouri Statutes and all rules and regulations of the Missouri Lottery.
- A ticket is a bearer instrument. It is recommended that the ticket be signed at the time of purchase.
- The Missouri Lottery is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets. Tickets are void and will not be paid if determined stolen, unissued, illegible, mutilated, altered in whole or part, misregistered, defective, incomplete, printed or produced in error, multiply-printed, or if the ticket fails any of the Missouri Lottery's confidential validation tests. Liability for void tickets is limited to replacement of the ticket or refund of sales price.
- Tickets may not be sold to or redeemed by minors under the age of 18.
- The holder of a winning ticket may win in only one prize category per play board and shall be paid the prize in the highest category won.
Cash4Life Game Rules
A player must select five different numbers between 1 and 60 and then select one number (the Cash Ball) between 1 and 4. The cost for one play is $2. A player may select each set in one of four ways: by verbally communicating the numbers to the retailer, by completing a paper playslip, by completing a digital playslip or by requesting a "Quick Pick." A Quick Pick is a computerized randomly-selected set of numbers available through the Draw Games terminal. Cash4Life is drawn daily at 8 p.m. The more numbers the player matches to those drawn, the more the player wins.
How to play Cash4Life using a paper playslip
- The playslip has five play boards ("PLAY 1" through "PLAY 5") with two sections on each board. The top section of each board contains numbers 1 through 60, and the bottom section contains numbers 1 through 4. Select five numbers in the top section and one number (the Cash Ball) in the bottom (gold) section of each board. You may play 1, 2, 3, 4 or all 5 boards. Cost per board is $2. EZ Match is available to select as an add-on for an additional $1 per EZ Match play.
- Select five numbers in the top section and one number (the Cash Ball) in the bottom portion. Make your selections by placing a heavy mark in each box, beginning with PLAY 1. If you want the terminal to select the numbers randomly for you, mark the "QP" box for "Quick Pick." If you make a mistake, mark the "VOID" box on that board and select your numbers on the next board.
- To play your numbers for more than one drawing at a time, mark the appropriate box on the top of the playslip next to "MULTI-DRAW." This will play only your selections in boards "PLAY 1" through "PLAY 5" for that number of drawings.
- You can play Cash4Life for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 14 drawings.
- Use only a blue or black pen or use a pencil for marking selections. The terminal will not accept red ink.
How to play Cash4Life using a digital playslip with the mobile app
- Select how many drawings you’d like to play. You can play Cash4Life for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 14 drawings.
- Choose whether to add EZ Match by selecting “Yes” or “No.” EZ Match is an instant-win feature that costs an additional $1 per play. See EZ Match rules below.
- Select the numbers you want to play. First, select five white-ball numbers from 1 to 60; shake your phone or tap the Quick Pick button to have the app select your numbers for you. Next, select a Cash Ball number from 1 to 4; shake your phone or tap the Quick Pick button to have the app select your number for you.
- Review your digital playslip, then tap “Save Digital Playslip.” Present the QR code at retail to use your digital playslip.
How to play Cash4Life verbally
At the discretion of the retailer, Cash4Life may be played by making a verbal request for a ticket. The player must provide the clerk with all of the following information:
- The dollar amount to be played;
- The numbers to be played - either player-selected or "Quick Pick"
- The number of draws to be played.
- The addition of EZ Match, if desired
- EZ Match is an instant-win feature that is an add-on game for Cash4Life, Show Me Cash, Lotto, Pick 3 and Pick 4 that costs $1 per play, in addition to the cost of the Cash4Life ticket. A player selecting EZ Match for Cash4Life will receive five (5) EZ Match numbers printed below the Cash4Life numbers on the ticket.
- All EZ Match winners are randomly generated. If any Cash4Life WHITE BALL number(s) on the ticket matches any EZ Match number(s), the player instantly wins the prize amount printed next to the matched EZ Match number(s). The Cash Ball number is NOT included in the numbers that can be matched with the EZ Match numbers.
- Players may play EZ Match by marking the applicable EZ Match box on the Cash4Life playslip or by requesting the add-on from the retailer.
- Each board played with EZ Match will be printed on a separate ticket. Cash4Life with the added EZ Match option will print with the Cash4Life/EZ Match logo at the top of the ticket; the EZ Match logo will also be within the body of the ticket with the EZ Match numbers and the amount of the prizes will be printed below the EZ Match logo. Draw Games tickets printed without these elements are not Cash4life-EZ Match tickets and are not eligible to win EZ Match prizes.
- Tickets with EZ Match cannot be canceled.
- The EZ Match prize structure will be replenished either automatically when all top-tier prizes have been won or at the end of the day, during nightly processing.
- A winning Cash4Life-EZ Match play can be cashed at any Missouri Lottery retail location either before or after the Cash4Life drawing. If the EZ Match play is cashed prior to the host game drawing, an exchange ticket will print for the upcoming drawing, just like when a multi-draw winning ticket is cashed before all the drawings have occurred. If a winning EZ Match play is cashed after the Cash4Life drawing has occurred, and wins on both the EZ Match wager and the Cash4Life drawing, the prizes will be added together and paid in one lump sum.
- EZ Match prizes can be claimed up to 180 days from the host game draw date on which the EZ Match wager was originally purchased.
chances of winning and prize payouts
|Chances 1 in
|Overall Chances of Winning a Prize: 1 in 4.21
Cash4Life tickets CANNOT be canceled.
Payment of Prizes
- All winning Cash4Life Tickets, including the top prize and second prize winning tickets, shall be paid in accordance with the Official Game Rules and applicable laws.The Missouri Lottery will withhold taxes and other required withholdings in accordance with applicable federal and Missouri law. To be a valid Game Ticket and eligible to receive a prize, a winning Game Ticket shall satisfy all the requirements established for the validation of winning Game Tickets sold through the Lottery's Draw Game Gaming System, and any other requirements adopted by the participating lottery directors. Party Lotteries shall not be responsible for Game Tickets that are altered in any manner.
- CASH4LIFE Tier One Prize amounts shall be paid in one of two ways: (a) as a lump sum of $7 million (amount may be changed by majority vote of the Party Lotteries’ Directors) (“Grand/Jackpot Prize Cash Value”), or; (b) in annual installments of $365,000 for the Measuring Life of the Prizewinner. If the annual installment option is chosen, the Claimant is entitled to receive no less than twenty (20) full annual installment payments. The player must make the payout election at the time determined by the Party Lottery, including at the time of purchase, claim, or within 60 days of the ticket validation date.
- In the event that the Tier One Prize becomes pari-mutuel (under the terms of Prize Liability below), the amount of the annual installment Prize payments will be reduced proportionally to the reduction in the lump sum value of the prize. The lump sum value shall also be adjusted to the pari-mutuel value calculated as outlined in Prize Liability below.
- CASH4LIFE Prize Tier Two Prize amounts shall be paid in one of two ways: (a) as a lump sum of $1 million (amount may be changed by a majority vote of the Party Lotteries’ Directors), or; (b) in annual installments of $52,000 for the Measuring Life of the Prizewinner. If the annual installment option is chosen, the Claimant is entitled to receive no less than twenty (20) full annual installment payments. The player must make the payout election as provided above.
- In the event that the Tier Two Prize becomes pari-mutuel (under the terms of Prize Liability below), the amount of the annual installment Prize payments will be reduced proportionally to the reduction in the lump sum value of the Prize. The lump sum value shall also be adjusted to the pari-mutuel value calculated as outlined in Prize Liability below.
- The Party Lottery with a Tier One Prizewinner or Tier Two Prizewinner who chooses the Annuity Option may determine the payment schedule for the Prizewinner, under either of the options below. Under either option, any lifetime Prize election claimed by a trust, corporation, or other legal entity, or by a minor, or by multiple Claimants shall be paid such that the total payments equal twenty full years of payments, less applicable offsets and tax withholdings:
- The Prizewinner will receive the first full annual installment as soon as reasonably possible after the Prize claim is validated. All subsequent annual payments for Annuity Option Prizes claimed will be paid in equal annual installments, less applicable withholding taxes, for the Measuring Life of the Prizewinner, with a minimum of twenty payments; or
- The Prizewinner will receive a prorated initial annual payment, such proration based on the number of weeks remaining until the next annual payment anniversary date. All subsequent payments shall be for the full annual amount. This approach may be used if all of the Selling Lottery’s annual payments are processed on a fixed date, such as January 1 or the start of the Selling Party Lottery’s fiscal year.
Entitlement to Prizes by Winners - The holder of a winning Game Ticket shall be entitled only to the prize won by matching the Winning Numbers in the highest matching prize category.
- For any drawing, if there is more than one winning Tier One Prize Play sold/produced, then the Top Prize for each winning Play shall be paid on a pari-mutuel basis. [This is the Liability Limit for the Jackpot/Top Prize.]
- For any drawing, if the total Prize liability for Prize Tier Two exceeds five million dollars ($5,000,000), then the value of each Tier Two Prize shall be paid on a pari-mutuel basis.
- After every CASH4LIFE drawing, the Virginia Lottery shall enter the number of winning Plays/Lines in each Prize Level into a spreadsheet or other automated application that will determine whether the pari-mutuel criteria have been reached.
- In the event that any single drawing results in more than one Tier One Prize winning Play, the Top Prize awards from the drawing shall become pari-mutuel as follows:
- Top Prize paid as a lump sum (normally $7 million) shall be a lump sum cash amount equal to $7 million (the Tier One Prize Cash Value) divided by the number of Tier One Prize winning Plays for the drawing, rounded down to a whole dollar value (“pari-mutuel cash value for that drawing”).
- The annual/Annuity Option payment shall be the pari-mutuel cash value for that drawing divided by $7 million, multiplied by $365,000; this becomes the lifetime payout annual installment amount for that drawing.
- If any single drawing results in 15 or more Tier One Prize winning Plays, then all winning Plays will be paid in a lump sum. The computation of the lump sum pari-mutuel cash value for this type of drawing will be the same as stated above, the pari-mutuel cash value for that drawing. For example: A single drawing produces 3 winning Tier One Prize Plays. The lump sum pari-mutuel value of each Play is $7,000,000 divided by 3, or $2,333,333. The annual payment option value for each Play is $2,333,333 divided by $7,000,000 and multiplied by $365,000, or $121,666 per year for at least 20 payments/20 years.
- In the event that any single drawing results in a total liability for Tier Two Prize in excess of five million ($5 million) dollars, the Tier Two Prize awards from the drawing shall become pari-mutuel as follows: Tier Two Prize (normally $1,000,000 or $52,000/year for the Measuring Life of the Prizewinner) shall be:
- Lump sum: an amount equal to five million dollars ($5 million) dollars divided by the number of Tier Two winning Plays.
- The lifetime (annual/Annuity Option) payment in this Tier Two Prize pari-mutuel situation will equal the pari-mutuel cash value of the winning Play divided by unreduced Prize value and multiplied by $52,000; this becomes the lifetime payout annual installment amount.
- If the lifetime payout annual installment amount in this scenario is less than $26,000 ($500/week), then all winning Lines/Plays will be paid in a lump sum. The computation of the lump sum pari-mutuel cash value for this type of drawing will be the same as stated above. For example: A single drawing produces 6 winning Tier Two Prize Plays. The parimutuel value of each Play is $5,000,000 divided by 6, or $833,333. The annual payment option value for each Play is $833,333 divided by $1,000,000 and multiplied by $52,000, or $43,333 per year for at least 20 payments/20 years.
- In the event that any single drawing results in more than seven (7) Tier One Prize winning Lines/Plays and at least (1) Tier Two Prize winning Line/Play, then both the Top Prize and Tier Two Prize become pari-mutuel Prizes. The total Prize Pool to be allocated equally among the total number of winning Lines/Plays in this scenario will total $7 million plus the lesser of ($5 million or $1 million multiplied by the number of Tier Two Prize winning Lines/Plays). Each winning Play will share the defined Prize Pool equally for the cash value, and the lifetime option will be calculated as demonstrated in Prize Liability above, reduced in the same proportion as the cash Prize value.
- The remaining Prizes, Prize Levels three (3) thru nine (9) will be Fixed Prizes. [i.e., Prize Levels three (3) thru nine (9) have no Liability Limit].
All Draw Games are available for purchase from 5 a.m. to 2 a.m. (Club Keno until 1:52 a.m.) seven days a week at any Draw Games retailer, except during Draw Breaks.
The process of selecting winning numbers for each game is referred to as a "Drawing" or "Draw." A "Draw Break" is when sales are suspended for a particular game so that the wagers for that "Drawing" may be balanced and the winning numbers drawn. The draw breaks for each game are listed below:
|Pick 3, Pick 4
|12:45 p.m. – 12:59 p.m. & 8:59 p.m. – 9:15 p.m. daily
|7:45 p.m. – 8 p.m. daily
|Show Me Cash
|8:59 p.m. – 9:15 p.m. daily
|8:59 p.m. – 9:15 p.m. Wednesday and Saturday
|8:59 p.m. – 10 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
|8:59 p.m. – 10 p.m. Tuesday and Friday
How to Check Your Numbers
- Watch the televised drawing, if available, on your local Lottery station or check local newspapers or radio stations.
- Check with your Lottery retailer for the winning numbers. Request a winning numbers report or check tickets at a Check-A-Ticket machine.
- Visiting the Winning Numbers page on this website.
- Scan your tickets on the official Missouri Lottery mobile app.
- Subscribe to the Lottery's FREE daily Winning Numbers email newsletter.
- Call the Lottery hotline nearest you to hear a recorded message of the current winning numbers:
How to Claim Your Prize
Claim winning tickets up to and including $600 at any Draw Games retail location.
Claim winning tickets of more than $600 at Missouri Lottery redemption centers by making an appointment or by mailing in your ticket with a completed claim form. A claim form must accompany winning tickets of more than $600. A claim form is available at any Lottery retailer or here on our website.
- The claimant's name, address, telephone number and signature must be on the back of the ticket.
- The Lottery suggests that the claimant makes and retains a photocopy of both the front and back of the ticket for their personal records.
- If the prize is more than $600, a completed claim form, which is available from a Lottery retailer, at Lottery regional offices or through the Lottery's website, must accompany the ticket. A copy of the completed claim form should be made and retained by the claimant.
- The claim form and original ticket should be mailed to:
P.O. Box 7777
Jefferson City, MO 65102-7777