Your privacy is very important to us. State laws and good business practices prevent us from distributing or selling any information that you may submit or that we may collect via the Services unless you consent to such disclosure, we receive an open records request or are subject to a judicial or administrative order requiring disclosure, or we are otherwise permitted or required by law to disclose. In the event of a conflict between these terms and state or federal laws, the state or federal laws will control.
As business purposes dictate, portions of account and player information may be shared between the Lottery and appropriate designated vendor partners for identification and marketing purposes.
This policy cannot anticipate or address every potential issue or circumstance.
What types of information do we collect from you?
When using the Services, we collect the following, as applicable depending on what device or means you are using to access the Services:
- The Internet domain and Internet protocol address of the computer, device, and/or network you are using, including information used by us via the Global Positioning System for phone location services, geo-location, and geo-filtering;
- The date and time you accessed the Services;
- The address (also referred to as the URL) of the website from which the Services were linked;
- The type of browser being used;
- The pages you visit while using the Services, and immediately preceding and immediately following your use of the Services, including any advertisements you clicked on or visited while using the Services;
- Email addresses and content of emails you submit to us;
- Information you submit voluntarily in response to a survey, to use the Missouri Lottery Mobile Application, to join My Lottery, or otherwise;
- Forms or other documents downloaded;
- For social media "likes" or "loves" or similar affirmative representations, the social media user name you used, the number of affirmative representations you submitted; the number of your shares, posts, or reposts; with whom content is shared; and where content is posted or reposted.
Integrity is one of our core values. We do not collect personal information that is not relevant to us in conducting our business nor do we sell or rent your personal information to anyone.
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify, contact or locate an individual or player by the Missouri Lottery which may include but not limited to the following:
- First and last name;
- Date of birth;
- Home or other physical address, including street and town name;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Last four digits of Social security number;
- Driver's license number;
- Other identifiers that permit the physical or online contact of a person (for example, gender or self-selected password).
A "cookie" is a message given to a Web browser by a Web server. The browser stores this information on your computer or device. The message is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from that server.
How do we protect your information?
We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you submit. The purpose of this software is to scramble the information and render your personal information unreadable to anyone who would try to intercept it. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password, device, and network.
Thank you for your interest in Missouri Lottery social media, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. We want our social media pages to help inform and engage fans about Lottery products, promotions, winners and events. We invite you to interact with us, discuss our games, enter giveaways and ask questions.
The Missouri Lottery's social media is monitored on non-holidays Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. While we do our best to respond in a timely manner via social media, our Customer Care team is the primary resource to help answer any questions and comments and can be reached at: (573) 751-4050 or webmail@MOLottery.com
By accessing Missouri Lottery social media, you agree to comply with each platforms official terms and conditions.
Content uploaded by anyone other than the Missouri Lottery is the sole responsibility of the submitter. The Missouri Lottery does not represent nor endorse any opinions expressed by others within this page. Posted comments and images not created by the Missouri Lottery do not necessarily represent our views.
Comment Moderation Guidelines
We encourage you to interact with us on social media by staying on topic and being respectful. However, the Missouri Lottery reserves the right, but is not obligated, to remove comments or posts that contain any of the following:
- Hate speech
- Profanity, obscenity or vulgarity
- Nudity, including nudity in profile pictures
- Defamation to a person or people
- Name calling and/or personal attacks
- Comments whose main purpose is to sell a product, service or solicit a donation
- Comments that infringe on copyrights, trademarks, patents or other forms or intellectual property
- Spam comments, such as the same or similar comment posted repeatedly by the same profile
- Comments in support or opposition of any social, political or personal cause, including specific political candidates and/or ballot measures
- Fraudulent, deceptive or misleading information
- Comments promoting violence or illegal activities
- Personally identifiable/sensitive personal information
- Other comments that the Missouri Lottery, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate or off topic
- Viruses or files that could impair or damage the operation of another's computer or network
- Attempts to impersonate the Missouri Lottery or an affiliate
- Using an official Missouri Lottery logo as a profile picture.
Our Facebook page has a profanity filter set to medium, and posts or comments containing explicit words are hidden. We also restrict the use of this page to Facebook members who are 18 years of age or older. Page filters prevent Facebook users under the age of 18 from viewing the Missouri Lottery's page.
We do not take decisions to moderate posts lightly. If you see any post on our page that you find offensive or inappropriate, we ask that you use the platform's built-in reporting tools to mark the post appropriately.
Users who violate or have repeat offenses, according to the Missouri Lottery social media policy, may be banned or blocked from a page. At our discretion, the Missouri Lottery will determine on an individual basis the criteria to be used in evaluating restrictions and conditions that have been violated.
Accepting/Downloading Missouri Lottery's Facebook "Contest Promotions" Applications
Personal information in your Facebook profile is collected when you download or accept the Missouri Lottery's Facebook "Giveaway" Application (such as date of birth, phone number and address). This information is used to verify participants meet age requirements and only enter once.
The information collected may change from time to time to allow the Lottery to better serve or market its services to its Facebook fans. When first accessing the Facebook application, you will be presented with a Facebook permissions page that advises you what Facebook profile information will be collected from you. You can then decide to share your Facebook information by accepting or not accepting the application.
Participating in or Entering a Lottery Facebook Promotion
After downloading/accepting Missouri Lottery's Facebook "Giveaway" applications, you are allowed to enter contests and giveaways on our Facebook page. When entering these contests, additional information may be voluntarily collected in order to determine contest eligibility and contact information for prize fulfillment.
The Missouri Lottery giveaways are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.