The Lottery follows very specific guidelines when conducting Draw Games drawings and producing Scratchers tickets. This section explains some of the Lottery's various security measures and procedures.
Information Security Mission Statement
"The mission of the Security Division, regarding information security, is to direct and support the Missouri Lottery in the protection of its information assets from intentional or unintentional disclosure, modification or destruction through the implementation of appropriate information security policies, procedures and guidelines. The goals are to educate all users on the importance and use of security measures, to ensure that all employees are granted appropriate access to fulfill their job responsibilities and to ensure that the agency has security measures in place to adequately protect its assets and to carry out its responsibilities as defined by law."
As required by Missouri statutes, all drawings are open to the public. A Draw Manager and a member of an independent accounting firm witness all drawings. The auditor ensures that all drawing procedures are followed.
The Lottery conducts drawings from Lottery headquarters in Jefferson City for five of its Draw Games:
- Midday Pick 3 and Pick 4 drawings are held at 12:45 p.m.; Evening Pick 3, Pick 4 and Show Me Cash drawings are held at 8:59 p.m.
- Lotto drawings are held Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8:59 p.m.
The following multi-state games have drawings conducted by the Multi-State Lottery Association:
- Powerball drawings are held Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9:59 p.m. in Tallahassee, Florida.
- Mega Millions drawings are held on Tuesdays and Fridays at 10 p.m. in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Cash4Life drawings are held daily at 8 p.m. in Trenton, New Jersey.
The Missouri Lottery is dedicated to maintaining the highest level of integrity for all Lottery products. Each Scratchers game is checked and tested before it is distributed to Lottery retailers. It is tested to make sure it meets or exceeds all security and integrity specifications mandated by the Lottery and our printing company, Scientific Games Inc., located in Alpharetta, Georgia. The checks and tests ensure that:
- No one can figure out if a ticket is a winner without playing it
- The proper amount of winners are in each pack and randomly spread throughout each pack
- The tickets scratch easily and the play symbols are easily read and are recognizable
All games are monitored for problems by retailer and player comments throughout the duration of the game.