Winning Ticket Tips
Your winning ticket* is money in the hand. Here are some timely tips to help you keep it safe and secure until you redeem it:
- Make Sure It's Right
- At the time of purchase, be sure the ticket you get is the one you requested before you exchange money for the ticket. Check that the amount and/or numbers are correct. It is your responsibility to ensure that your ticket has the correct information, i.e., numbers played, dates played, type of play, etc.
- Sign Your Ticket
- Fill out and sign the back of your ticket immediately upon purchase. Remember, in order to claim any Lottery prize, you must have your ticket. Just like dollar bills, lottery tickets are bearer instruments.
- Keep It In a Safe Place
- From time to time, the Lottery receives tickets from players that have been destroyed by washing machines and other tragic means. Unfortunately, most of these tickets have been too badly damaged to reconstruct.
- Redeem Winning Tickets Immediately
- Always redeem your tickets as soon as you discover a winner. Draw Games tickets expire 180 days after the drawing date. Scratchers games expire 180 days after the official game ending date. See the Expired Scratchers Game list for official game expiration dates.
- Damaged Tickets
- Always allow extra processing time for any damaged ticket you send to the Lottery for verification.
*The Missouri Lottery is not liable for any lost, stolen or damaged tickets.