WINNERS ANNOUNCED IN LOTTERY PHOTO CONTEST
Twelve photographers will have a lot of scratching to do after their photo of their favorite Missouri town was chosen for the 2003 Missouri Lottery calendar during a recent contest. The winners, who will each receive 100 Scratchers tickets, are:
- Michael Vaughan, St. Charles, whose photo was chosen for January;
- Sandra Kaye Brittingham, Blue Springs, whose photo was chosen for February;
- Laura Reed, Oronogo, whose photo was chosen for March;
- Joseph Reichart III, Jefferson City, whose photo was chosen for April;
- Megan Blackman, Columbia, whose photo will appear with May;
- Brenda Sweaney, Buffalo, whose photo was picked for June;
- Jane Linders, Maryland Heights, whose photo was selected for July;
- Penelope Kennedy, Auxvasse, whose photo will appear with August;
- Michael Ryan Zweifel, Columbia, whose photo was chosen for September;
- Martha Mohler, Florissant, whose photo was picked for October;
- Cathie Foster, Bolivar, whose photo was selected for November; and
- Jessica Marie Duhring, St. Louis, whose photo will appear with December.
Four others received an honorable mention in the contest. They are: David Buckman of Hannibal; Lois Gomez of Mountain Grove; Krista Murphy of Van Buren and Randle Sweaney of Buffalo. They will each receive a Lottery prize package.
The Lottery’s second calendar contest ran from January through July 26, 2002.