July 31, 2007
Lottery Awards Cardinals Season Tickets
Two Missouri Lottery players are the newest St. Louis Cardinals season ticket holders after the second drawing for the Lottery’s Major League Baseball® "Catch the Cardinals™" promotion. Stuart Rawlins, Catawissa, and Billy Rickart, Huntsville, each won the grand prize of St. Louis Cardinals 2008 season tickets for two in the "Catch the Cardinals™" promotion in a drawing held on July 12. "(I get to) a few games," Rawlins said. "Not near as many as I’d like to." Rawlins, 61, can go to as many games as he’d like next season with his 2008 season tickets. His wife, Lynn, is a big Cardinals fan, and he’s planning to take her with him to the games next season. "That’s awesome," said Rickart, 33, when he learned that he’d won Cardinals season tickets. Rickart said he will be taking his three daughters - ages 5, 8 and 11 - with him to the games next season. "I’ll have to split them up," Rickart said. "I’ll probably take my wife, too." Three other players won big prizes in the "Catch the Cardinals™" drawing:
- Terry Chesire, Poplar Bluff, won St. Louis Cardinals 2008 single-game tickets for a luxury box for up to 30 people;
- David Lesicko, St. Louis, won a road trip for two to Chicago for a St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs game including airfare, hotel accommodations, $500 spending money and two tickets to the game; and
- Ted Klefisch, St. Louis, won two premium tickets to a St. Louis Cardinals home game, including dinner, hotel accommodations and a ceremonial first pitch before the game.
In addition to the prizes listed above, 300 winners were drawn to receive Cardinals prize packages in the "Catch the Cardinals™" promotion. The July 12 drawing was the second of three drawings in the Missouri Lottery’s "Catch the Cardinals™" promotion, which started on March 28. The third drawing for the promotion will be announced via news release and on the Lottery’s Web site when a date is determined. A similar promotion is being held featuring the Kansas City Royals. The "Catch the Cardinals™" promotion includes:
- Six sets of two 2008 season tickets (two awarded per drawing);
- Three stadium party room prize packages for up to 30 people for one 2008 game (one awarded per drawing);
- Three Cardinals? vs. Cubs? road trips for two to Chicago (one awarded per drawing);
- Three ceremonial first pitch prize packages for two for one 2008 game (one awarded per drawing); and
- Nine hundred officially licensed MLB® Cardinals? merchandise packages, including jerseys, caps, jackets, wind shirts and duffle bags (300 awarded per drawing).
Players can submit their entries through the Lottery’s Web site at Molottery.com, by mail or by dropping them off at any Missouri Lottery office. For more details, go the "Catch the Cardinals™" details page