July 31, 2007
Lottery Awards Royals Season Tickets
Two Missouri Lottery players are the newest Kansas City Royals season ticket holders after the second drawing for the Lottery’s Major League Baseball® "Run With the Royals™" promotion. Chad Stotler, Lee’s Summit, and Chris Tolias, Unionville, each won the grand prize of Kansas City Royals 2008 season tickets for two in the "Run With the Royals™" promotion drawing held on July 12. "Excellent," replied Stotler when a Lottery official told him what he’d won. Stotler, 36, said he doesn’t usually play Scratchers games, but he got a free "Kansas City Royals™" Scratchers ticket from an event the Lottery was holding at a Royals game. He enjoyed the Scratchers game, so he bought a few more tickets. He entered one ticket each in the first and second drawings for the "Run With the Royals™" promotion. "It was kind of a neat contest," Stotler said. Tolias, 48, said that while he likes baseball, his wife is the bigger Royals fan in his family, and she will probably be going to the games with him next year. Three other players also won big prizes in the "Run With the Royals™" drawing:
- David Russell, Higginsville, won Kansas City Royals 2008 game tickets for a luxury box for up to 12 people;
- Terry Simmonds, Mound City, won a road trip for two to Chicago for a Kansas City Royals vs. Chicago White Sox game, including airfare, hotel accommodations, $500 spending money and two tickets to the game; and
- Ron Lee, Blue Springs, won two premium tickets to a Kansas City Royals home game including dinner, hotel accommodations and a ceremonial first pitch before the game.
In addition to the prizes listed above, 100 Royals prize packages were awarded in the "Run With the Royals™" promotion. The July 12 drawing was the second of three drawings in the Missouri Lottery’s "Run With the Royals™" promotion, which started on March 28. The third drawing for the promotion will be announced via news release and on the Lottery’s Web site when a date is determined. A similar promotion is being held featuring the St. Louis Cardinals. The "Run with the Royals?" promotion includes:
- Six sets of two 2008 season tickets (two sets awarded per drawing);
- Three luxury suite prize packages for up to 12 people for one 2008 game (one awarded per drawing);
- Three Royals™ vs. White Sox™ road trips for two to Chicago (one awarded per drawing);
- Three ceremonial first pitch prize packages for two for one 2008 game (one awarded per drawing); and
- Three hundred officially licensed MLB® Royals? merchandise packages, including jerseys, caps, jackets, wind shirts and duffle bags (100 awarded per drawing).
Players can submit their entries through the Lottery’s Web site at Molottery.com, by mail or by dropping them off at any Missouri Lottery office. For more details, go to the "Run With the Royals™" details page