Lottery Awards Royals Season Tickets
Two Missouri Lottery players are in the winning "line up" after the first drawing for the Lottery’s Major League Baseball® "Run With the Royals™" promotion. Virgil Miller, Belton, and Wayne Book, Independence, each won the grand prize of Kansas City Royals 2008 season tickets for two in the "Run With the Royals™" promotion drawing held on May 24.
"That’s awesome," said Virgil Miller, 51, when he learned he won Royals season tickets.
Miller, a retired Marine, said that he "used to be a big Royals fan," though he hasn’t followed baseball for the last several years.
"My youngest son still follows the Royals," Miller said. "He’ll enjoy them (season tickets)."
Wayne Book, 70, said that he hasn’t been watching a lot of Royals baseball this season, but he "might have to now." He said he used to go to games a lot when he owned his own roofing company because he would often get tickets from vendors. Book is looking forward to going to the Royals games next season.
"I live two miles north of the stadium" Book said. "I have no problem getting there."
Three players also won other big prizes in the "Run With the Royals™" drawing:
- Scott Evans, St. Joseph, won Kansas City Royals 2008 game tickets for a luxury box for up to 12 people;
- James McBath, Independence, won a road trip for two to Chicago for a Kansas City Royals vs. Chicago White Sox game including airfare, hotel accommodations, $500 spending money and two tickets to the game; and
- Walter Swearingen, Springfield, won two premium tickets to a Kansas City Royals home game including dinner, hotel accommodations and a ceremonial first pitch before the game.
In addition to the prizes listed above, 100 Royals prize packages were awarded in the "Run With the Royals™" promotion.
The May 24 drawing was the first of three drawings in the Missouri Lottery’s "Run With the Royals™" promotion, which started on March 28. A similar promotion is being held with the St. Louis Cardinals.
The "Run with the Royals™" promotion includes:
- Six sets of two 2008 season tickets (two sets awarded per drawing);
- Three luxury suite prize packages for up to 12 people for one 2008 game (one awarded per drawing);
- Three Royals™ vs. White Sox™ road trips for two to Chicago (one awarded per drawing);
- Three ceremonial first pitch prize packages for two for one 2008 game (one awarded per drawing); and
- Three hundred officially licensed MLB® Royals™ merchandise packages, including jerseys, caps, jackets, wind shirts and duffle bags (100 awarded per drawing).
The second drawing for the promotion will be held on July 12. The deadline to submit an entry is July 5. To enter the "Run With the Royals™" promotion, players should submit one $5 non-winning "Kansas City Royals™" Scratchers ticket.
Players can submit their entries through the Lottery’s Web site at Molottery.com, by mail or by dropping them off at any Missouri Lottery office.