August 8, 2006
Lottery Announces Winners of Calendar Contest
Frank Thurston, an amateur photographer from Battlefield, won the $500 grand prize when his photo of Greer Spring in Shannon County was chosen for the cover of the Missouri Lottery’s 2007 calendar in the Lottery’s annual calendar photo contest. The theme for the 2007 calendar is Missouri’s waterways.
In addition to winning the $500 grand prize, Thurston will also receive $200 worth of Missouri Lottery Scratchers tickets since two of his other photographs were chosen to represent the May and October photos. Photographers will receive $100 worth of Scratchers for any photo that gets chosen for one of the 12 months. All winners will receive a copy of the calendar and a photo credit. The winners were:
- Frank Thurston, Battlefield, whose photos were chosen for the calendar cover and for the months of May and October;
- Don Johndrow, Farmington, whose photo was chosen for January;
- Alice Potts, Centralia, whose photos were chosen for February and December;
- Patrick Tenny, Villa Ridge, whose photo was chosen for March;
- Bev Bohmie, Ballwin, whose photos will appear with April and July;
- Diane Burns, Platte City, whose photo was picked for June;
- James Sipes, Lincoln, Neb., whose photo was selected for August;
- Elizabeth Mitchell, Columbia, whose photo will appear with September;
- Jacob Marler Jr., Ash Grove, whose photo was chosen for November.
Winners’ photos are available to view on the contest winners page.
The Lottery received 479 entries for the 2007 photo calendar contest, which ran from Sept. 30, 2005, through June 30, 2006.