Wheel of Fortune®
Official Promotion Rules
- An entry consists of one Missouri Lottery game number 764, $3 Wheel of Fortune® Scratchers ticket in one envelope or Web submission. Each entry is eligible for one drawing.
- Entries may be submitted by mail, through the Missouri Lottery’s Web site or by depositing the entry in the promotion receptacle at a Missouri Lottery regional office located in St. Louis, Kansas City and Springfield or at headquarters in Jefferson City. Players entering through Molottery.com must keep their entry, since they will be required to mail or deliver it to the Lottery to claim any prize (see rule #13).
- Each separate entry submitted by mail or by depositing at a Missouri Lottery office must be in an envelope no larger than 11 inches x 5 ¾ inches. Only one entry per envelope will be accepted.
- Entries must be received at the address listed below, at Missouri Lottery headquarters in Jefferson City or any of the Missouri Lottery regional offices in St. Louis, Kansas City or Springfield by 5 p.m. on the deadline dates to be eligible for the next drawing. The Missouri Lottery is not responsible for entries received after the deadlines or entries mailed to any address other than the address listed below. Players may enter as often as they wish.
Wheel of Fortune® Promotion
P.O. Box 105941
Jefferson City, MO 65110-5941
- Entries submitted through the Missouri Lottery’s Web site at www.molottery.com must be entered by 5 p.m. Central Time on the entry deadline dates. Duplicate entries will be considered null and void. Promotion entries cannot be edited after the deadline.
- Only entries received by the appropriate entry deadline date (as listed below) will be eligible for that drawing. Entries received after the entry deadline date for drawings 1 and 2 will be eligible for the next scheduled drawing. Entries received after the entry deadline date for drawing 3 will be deemed ineligible for that drawing and will be destroyed.
AN ENTRY IS ONLY ELIGIBLE FOR ONE DRAWING AND CANNOT BE RE-ENTERED FOR ADDITIONAL DRAWINGS IN THIS PROMOTION.
DEADLINES AND DRAWING DATES
ENTRY DEADLINE @ 5 p.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2010
Thursday, Jan. 21, 2010
Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2010
Thursday, Feb. 25, 2010
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Thursday, April 8, 2010
- All valid entries received at the promotional address listed in rule #4, through www.molottery.com and those received at Lottery offices by the listed entry deadline dates will be eligible for a chance to win the following prizes:
Grand Prize (1 prize per drawing; 3 prizes total)
Five-day, four-night trip for two to Hollywood, CA, plus $1,000 spending cash. Trip includes roundtrip coach airfare for two on a major airline from and to an international airport in the continental U.S., one hotel room (double occupancy) at the Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood, CA, for four nights, roundtrip ground transfers, a meet-and-greet dinner for two, a tour of Sony Studios for two, two seating passes to a taping
of Wheel of Fortune® and an audition for the trip winner to have a chance to become a contestant on the Wheel of Fortune® television game show. Winners have the option to choose the cash value of the prize ($5,650). The Missouri Lottery will pay standard federal and state withholding taxes for the grand prize based on the total prize value. The winner will be responsible for any additional applicable taxes.
First Prize (1 prize per drawing; 3 prizes total)
$900 cash. The Missouri Lottery will pay standard federal and state withholding taxes based on the total prize value. The winner will be responsible for any additional applicable taxes.
Second Prize (1 prize per drawing; 3 prizes total)
Third Prize (1 prize per drawing; 3 prizes total)
- Entries that are mailed to the stated address in #4 or hand-delivered to a Lottery office that are not placed in an envelope are ineligible as indicated in #3 and will be disqualified. Players must provide their own envelope. Missouri Lottery employees will not provide envelopes for entries being deposited at the regional offices or headquarters.
- The player’s complete name and address must be clearly provided on the back of the ticket used for entry and/or the entry envelope, or on the entry filled out at www.molottery.com, so that the owners of winning entries can be identified and contacted. Incomplete or illegible entries may be disqualified. Entries with address stamps or stickers are acceptable, but must include the player’s complete name and address.
- If more than one person’s name appears on the ticket drawn as a winner, the first name listed will be deemed the owner of the entry. If an entry with the same player information (to include the same two names listed in the same order) is drawn again, it will be declared a duplicate and therefore, invalid.
- Player signatures are not required on entries.
- A player is eligible to win only once in each drawing and may win only one grand prize throughout the duration of the Wheel of Fortune® promotion.
- A prize winner who enters through www.molottery.com will be required to furnish the Missouri Lottery with the actual Scratchers ticket with the corresponding 14-digit serial number used to enter the promotion within 14 business days of the announcement of their entry being drawn as a winner. The prize winner may not substitute the actual ticket with a fax or photocopy of the ticket. If the winner is unable to furnish the actual ticket to the Lottery officials within the stated time limit, no prize will be awarded to that person and the next alternate will be contacted. The Missouri Lottery is not responsible for winning tickets that are lost or delayed due to placing them in the mail – consideration of prize award in this case will only be given to players who can provide official receipt to confirm the winning tickets were received by the Missouri Lottery by the official deadline, such as a registered mail receipt from the United States Postal Service (USPS) along with a copy of the winning ticket.
- The prize winner will be notified via mail of their prize after all verification has taken place and may be required to complete a promotional claim form, as well as furnish their Social Security number to the Missouri Lottery. The Missouri Lottery has the right to release prize winner information to various media sources and list winners’ names and pictures on www.molottery.com. Should the grand prize winner choose the trip prize, the winner’s information will be shared with MDI Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Scientific Games, in order for trip arrangements to be made.
- The Missouri Lottery, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Additional restrictions and conditions, if any, specific to a particular prize will be disclosed to winners upon prize notification.
- The prizes pictured in game/promotional materials are for illustrative purposes only.
- All entries remaining after each drawing will be void and ineligible for entry into any other promotion conducted by the Missouri Lottery and will be destroyed by the Missouri Lottery.
- Only persons 18 years of age or older are eligible to enter. Winners may be required to furnish proof of age.
- The chances of winning are dependent upon the number of entries received for each drawing.
- Any additional local, state, federal or other taxes, expenses or surcharges associated with the prizes not mentioned in these rules are the responsibility of the winner.
- The Missouri Lottery and its agencies are not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner or other contest information by sponsors or entrants for any reason whatsoever. The Missouri Lottery is not responsible ®for any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in this promotion contest or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entries become the sole property of Missouri Lottery and will not be returned. [CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE MISSOURI LOTTERY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE PROMOTION IF IT BECOMES TECHNICALLY CORRUPTED.]
- No other tickets or entries are eligible for this promotion, including non-winning Scratchers tickets from games not listed as eligible for entry, non-winning Scratchers tickets from games previously entered in another Missouri Lottery promotion, Pick 3, Pick 4, Pull-Tabs, Powerball, Lotto, Club Keno, Lucky Dough or Show Me Cash tickets, sample-void tickets, altered or stolen tickets, postcards, any canceled or returned tickets, previously cashed tickets or any likeness of an authentic ticket.
- The Missouri Lottery is not responsible for any non-promotional mail inadvertently sent to the promotional address.
- The Missouri Lottery is not responsible for promotional mail inadvertently sent to an address other than that listed in rule #4.
- The Missouri Lottery is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, altered, illegible or postage-due mail.
- The Missouri Lottery makes no express or implied warranties of any kind with respect to the safety, appearance or performance of any prize offered.
- In the event of a dispute arising out of these rules and procedures, a player’s sole remedy is limited to entry into another promotional drawing or event with prizes of a similar value.
- Each person entering this promotion agrees by the act of participation to be bound by these rules and procedures, statutes, administrative rules and procedures of the Missouri Lottery.
- These rules may be modified at any time at the sole discretion of the Missouri Lottery.