(These are very important. Please read carefully.)
1. Only photographs incorporating the following theme will be considered: “The Best Part of My Town.” The photos that best capture this theme (while following the official rules) will be entered for a chance to appear in the 2013 calendar. Photos that possess a specific seasonal feel will receive special consideration.
2. Photos submitted must be original by the submitting photographer.
3. Each photograph must be accompanied by a contest entry form that includes the photographer's complete name, address and daytime phone number and description of submitted photo. Contest entry forms with address stamps or stickers are acceptable, but the entry form must still contain all necessary information. The entry form MUST be signed and dated. Incomplete or illegible entries may be disqualified.
4. Description of photo must include the city the photograph is taken in and information about the object the photo has captured. All photos must contain Missouri locations.
5. Photographs and accompanying contest entry forms must be received at the address listed below, at Missouri Lottery headquarters in Jefferson City or any of the Missouri Lottery regional offices in St. Louis, Kansas City or Springfield by 5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 21, 2012, to be eligible. The Missouri Lottery is not responsible for photographs and contest entry forms received after the deadline or mailed to any address other than the address listed below.
The Best Part of My Town” Photo Contest
P.O. Box 1603
Jefferson City, MO 65102-1603
6. Multiple entries received in one envelope are acceptable, but each photo must be accompanied by a separate contest entry form.
7. All photographs submitted that meet the photo guidelines and official rules will be considered. Up to 13 photographs may be selected as winners – one for each month plus a cover photo. All First-Prize published photo contest winners will receive $100 worth of Missouri Lottery Scratchers, a photo credit in the 2013 calendar and a copy of the 2013 calendar. The Grand-prize photo winner will receive $500 cash and photo credit in the 2013 calendar and a copy of the 2013 calendar. The Missouri Lottery has the right to award less than 13 prizes in this calendar contest.
8. Only photo prints and/or digital photos will be eligible. Photographs damaged in any way cannot be accepted. Prints cannot be stapled or folded. Tape cannot be attached to the front of the photo. Neither the back nor the front of the print can be written on. Camera-imprinted data such as date, time, etc., cannot appear on the front of a print. Digital photos must be submitted on CD or DVD disc, along with a printed copy of the photo. Only one picture per disk is allowed.
9. Only original color 35mm-format photos are acceptable. Digital photos must include a printed copy of the photo and the original picture on a CD or DVD (one picture per disc). Scanned photographs are ineligible. Photos must be original and never-before published.
10. All photos must be in a horizontal format. Vertically-formatted photographs are ineligible.
11. People shown in photographs must be completely unrecognizable. Final determination of eligibility will be determined by the Missouri Lottery.
12. Prints can be standard snapshot size (3½” x 5”) or larger. All photos must be in sharp focus.
13. The Missouri Lottery reserves the right to publish or not to publish all or any portion of the photographs in any Lottery website, publication, game, media or promotion without compensation.
14. The Missouri Lottery is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, altered, illegible or postage-due contest entries.
15. Entries are acceptable from anyone 18 years of age or older. Missouri Lottery employees are exempt from this contest. Winners may be required to furnish proof of age.
16. An entrant may win more than one prize in this contest, but no more than two prizes.
17. Any additional local, state, federal or other taxes, expenses or surcharges associated with the prizes not mentioned in these rules are the responsibility of the winner.
18. Prize winners will be notified of their prize via mail no later than the week of Oct. 1, 2012. Finalists may be contacted via phone, e-mail or postal mail prior to final prize notification to confirm the information and spelling of the photographer and location information in the photo for publishing purposes.
19. The photos entered in this contest become the property of the Missouri Lottery and will not be returned to the photographer. The Missouri Lottery will have the right, without further compensation (other than the prize advertised) or notification, to use the photos in any Lottery publication, game, media, promotion or website.
20. The Missouri Lottery reserves the right to publish winners’ names, hometowns and/or photographs for publicity purposes without any claim for broadcasting, Internet, print, other rights or further compensation.
21. Prizes will be mailed to the winners at the address provided on the completed contest entry forms.
22. Each person entering this promotion agrees by the act of participation to be bound by these rules and procedures, statutes, administrative rules and procedures of the Missouri Lottery.
23. These rules may be modified at any time at the sole discretion of the Missouri Lottery.