2009 Photo Contest
2009 Lottery Calendar Photo Contest
(These are very important. Please read carefully.)
- Only photographs incorporating the following theme will be considered: �Missouri Parks.� Photos can only be of parks in the state of Missouri. The photos that best capture the park theme (while following the official rules) will appear in the 2009 calendar.
- Photos submitted must be original by the submitting photographer.
- 2008 Missouri Lottery calendar photo contest winners are not eligible for the 2009 calendar photo contest.
- Each photograph must be accompanied by a completed contest entry form. Each form must contain the photographer�s name, address and daytime phone number, and the name of the park, city and month/year in which the photo was taken. Photos that possess a specific seasonal feel will receive special consideration. Address stickers or stamps placed on the entry form are acceptable. The entry form must be signed and dated. Incomplete or illegible entries may result in disqualification.
- Photographs and contest entry forms can be mailed to:
- "Missouri Parks� Photo Contest
- Missouri Lottery
- P.O. Box 1603
- Jefferson City, MO 65102-1603
Both the photographs and accompanying contest entry forms must arrive at that address by 5 p.m. Friday, June 27, 2008, to be eligible. Entries also may be hand delivered to any Lottery regional office in St. Louis, Kansas City, Springfield or at Lottery headquarters in Jefferson City until 5 p.m. Friday, June 27, 2008.
- Only photo prints and/or digital photos will be eligible. Photographs damaged in any way cannot be accepted. Prints cannot be stapled or folded. Tape cannot be attached to the front of the photo. Neither the back nor the front of the print can be written on. Camera-imprinted data such as date, time, etc., cannot appear on the front of a print. Digital photos must be submitted on CD or DVD disc. Only one picture per disk is allowed.
- Multiple entries mailed or delivered in one envelope are acceptable, but each photo must be accompanied by its own completed contest entry form.
- Up to 13 photographs may be selected as winners � one for each month plus a cover photo. Each photographer whose photo is selected to appear in the 2009 calendar will receive $100 in Scratchers, along with a photo credit and a copy of the 2009 calendar. The photographer whose photo is selected as the grand prize winner will receive a $500 cash prize, along with a photo credit and a copy of the 2009 calendar. The Missouri Lottery has the right to award less than 13 prizes in this calendar contest.
- Only original color 35mm-format photos, APS-format photos (�C� or �H� size prints only) are acceptable. Digital photos must include a printed copy of the photo and the original picture on a CD or DVD (one picture per disc). Scanned photographs are ineligible. Photos must be original and never-before published.
- All photos must be in a horizontal format. Vertically-formatted photographs are ineligible.
- People shown in photographs must be completely unrecognizable. Final determination of eligibility will be determined by the Missouri Lottery.
- Prints can be standard snapshot size (3�� x 5�) or larger. All photos must be in sharp focus.
- The Missouri Lottery reserves the right to publish or not to publish all or any portion of the photographs in any Lottery Web site, publication, game, media or promotion without compensation.
- The Missouri Lottery is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, destroyed or misdirected contest entries.
- Entries are acceptable from anyone 18 or older except Missouri Lottery employees. Winners may be required to submit proof of age (i.e., driver�s license).
- An entrant may win more than one prize in this contest.
- Any additional taxes or expenses associated with the awarded prizes are the responsibility of the winner.
- Winners will be notified by mail by Aug. 29, 2008.
- Photos entered in the contest will not be returned. The photos become the property of the Missouri Lottery, which will have the right, without further compensation (other than the prize advertised) or notification, to use them in any Lottery publication, game, media, promotion or Web site.
- The Missouri Lottery reserves the right to publish winners� names, addresses and/or photographs for publicity purposes without any claim for broadcasting, Internet, print, other rights or further compensation.
- Prizes will be mailed to the winners at the address provided on the completed contest entry forms.
- Each person entering this promotion agrees by the act of participation to be bound by these rules and procedures, statutes, administrative rules and procedures of the Missouri Lottery.
- These rules may be modified at any time at the sole discretion of the Missouri Lottery.